Brown Bar

Driver Requirements

Star Fleet works diligently to provide a quality service that will meet or exceed our customers expectations. As an independent contractor, you are responsible for the following:

Safety - This is number one. Independent Contractors must adhere to the rules of the road. Additionally, each RV should be delivered in the same condition as when it left the manufacturer.

Promptness - Deliveries should arrive at their destination at the agreed upon time.

Professionalism - Independent Contractors should always present themselves in a professional and courteous manner to manufacturers and retailers.

Availability - While there is no forced dispatch, Independent Contractors should make themselves available for dispatch as consistently as possible for the most potential earnings and Star Fleet’s reputation for dependability.

Federal Requirements - Independent Contractors must comply with all requirements related to vehicle inspections, driver physicals, drug testing, driver logging, licensing, registration and insurance.

Passport - Star Fleet transports a large volume of shipments into Canada. Independent Contractors traveling into Canada will be required to have a valid passport.

Other Requirements:
  • 25 Years of Age.
  • Valid Driver’s License. CDL Class A license is preferred for RV Division
  • CDL Class A license required for Rail, Tow Away and Mobile Home division
  • No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years or no more than 2 moving violations in the last year.
  • No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years or no more the 2 preventable accidents in any one year period.
  • No record of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
  • No indication of disregard for public safety. No habitual offender convictions.
  • No drug or alcohol test failures or refusals.
  • No pre-employment drug test failures.
  • These documents must be made available before approval:
    • Drivers License
    • Social Security Card
    • Valid DOT physical (long form and certificate)
    • Title and Registration for Equipment
    • Valid DOT inspection (with paid receipt) within last six months
    • Proof of Insurance