Star Fleet works diligently to provide a quality service that will meet or exceed our customers expectations. As an independent contractor, you are responsible for the following:
- This is number one. Independent Contractors must adhere to the rules of the road. Additionally, each RV should be delivered in the same condition as when it left the manufacturer.
- Deliveries should arrive at their destination at the agreed upon time.
- Independent Contractors should always present themselves in a professional and courteous manner to manufacturers and retailers.
- While there is no forced dispatch, Independent Contractors should make themselves available for dispatch as consistently as possible for the most potential earnings and Star Fleet’s reputation for dependability.
- Independent Contractors must comply with all requirements related to vehicle inspections, driver physicals, drug testing, driver logging, licensing, registration and insurance.
- Star Fleet transports a large volume of shipments into Canada. Independent Contractors traveling into Canada will be required to have a valid passport.
- 25 Years of Age.
- Valid Driver’s License. CDL Class A license is preferred for RV Division
- CDL Class A license required for Rail, Tow Away and Mobile Home division
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years or no more than 2 moving violations in the last year.
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years or no more the 2 preventable accidents in any one year period.
- No record of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No indication of disregard for public safety. No habitual offender convictions.
- No drug or alcohol test failures or refusals.
- No pre-employment drug test failures.
These documents must be made available before approval:
- Drivers License
- Social Security Card
- Valid DOT physical (long form and certificate)
- Title and Registration for Equipment
- Valid DOT inspection (with paid receipt) within last six months
- Proof of Insurance