The fastest growing division and the largest truck fleet is the recreational vehicle group. This segment delivers travel trailers and 5th wheels to retailers coast to coast and Canada. This group is made up of 1 ton pickup truck owner/operators for the tow behind units.
Driver Equipment (Pick-up):
As an owner operator, you will need to provide a properly registered and inspected 1 ton diesel pick up truck with an 8 foot bed. Additionally, the following equipment is necessary:
• Class III receiver hitch rated at 10,000 pounds positioned 20" to 22" from the ground.
• 5th wheel rated for at least 18,000 pounds. No Slider Plates!
• Mud flaps behind rear wheels.
• Fuel tank or tool boxes can be no more than 2 inches above the top of the bed rails.
• Load distribution bar rated at 1,000 pounds.
• Electric brake control.
• Bed and bumper plug connections.
• 2 5/16 inch hitch ball.
• Fire Extinguisher and Safety Triangles.
• 12-volt Battery for Break Away use.
• 4-way Lug Wrench - Torque Wrench required with aluminum wheels
• Hitch Padlock
• Truck to be home state plated at 26,000 pounds.